Sunday, September 21, 2008

AVANT GUARDIAN

This took a really long time to write.
I think it was 8 months in total.
Please tell me what you think.

Gallant advent
Avant guardian

When we're all so beautiful
who'll make change in face and names?
Transient, passive
Pass through trust and null embrace
Brace the constants that lay waste to us all

I swore remembrance
To prevent ever staring distance
But still the stale air keeps me from you.
Continuing through veils of grace
and hapless passion.
to smile dumb and feign reflection
I am here to beget complexion
Holding tight and never letting go.
I feel that grip
Coldly glide light fingers
over heart and mind and soul
shake the roots of my throat
and lungs and spine
If i could only work the courage to explain
Shake the grounds this house was built on.
From the tired, sick and homeless men
which stand fortunes from being saved.
problems which are lives from being solved
Oh such flags are waved
bringing upon our righteousness as burdened dead
our dais is breaking under weight of sick resolve
Preaching:
Maxima debetur puero reverentia.
We are not our father's sons
Speaking sins with penitent mouths
will lead you only to the cross you've made
if your hands are red with creations blood
I'll let you hang as picture frames
Smile thieves. Bright and honorless.
Trying best to save while others die
you flash white teeth to those who nod,
and sharpened red to those denied

Taking up your wings of science
mask your hearts in tired silence
peace be with you sons of violence
will we be killed or shall we triumph?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It shows.

You make me want to cry, or save the world.

Anonymous said...

its crap